Kinghaven Farms is pleased to bring you the first of an exciting multi-part collaboration with ardent culinary enthusiast Haley Regan of Hamilton, Ontario. Haley is a long-time veteran of Southern Ontario's food and wine industry, having worked in all positions from hostess to owning & operating her own restaurant. She loves to experiment in her kitchen with her elegant, yet easy-to-replicate home-cooking style. She's been cooking with Kinghaven's raw and creamed honey to showcase ways you incorporate our raw, local honey into your cooking at home.
Follow along with Haley's culinary journey today on Instagram @o_4forksake
This pork tenderloin with honey dijon mushroom cream sauce is a simple, elegant classic sure to impress your guests at your next dinner party, without the stress!
For the Pork Tenderloin:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
Season tenderloin with Garlic Plus and your favourite chicken seasoning (Haley likes Barbarian Steak House seasoning).
Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat.
Using tongs, sear the tenderloin evenly on all sides…this takes roughly 5-6 minutes.
Once nicely seared and browned, place the tenderloin in the skillet into oven and bake for 15-17 minutes uncovered.
Remove pork from skillet and rest on a cutting board, covering tightly with a sheet of tin foil
Rest for 15 minutes
For the Cream Sauce:
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Splash of half and half cream
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 sliced cremini mushrooms
4.5 ounces (or half the large block) of cream cheese
½ cup chicken stock
1/3 white onion, sliced thinly
Handful of sliced green onions
Put everything in a non stick skillet – and 20 minutes before dinner, increase heat to med-high. Stir often to break up and to avoid burning.
For the Asparagus:
Line a baking sheet with tin foil
Toss a head of trimmed asparagus in ¼ cup olive oil, salt and pepper, 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes
For the Potatoes:
In a skillet of any kind, combine:
3 tbsp bacon fat
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ thinly sliced white onion
5 Yukon gold or white potatoes, cut into 2-3 inch cubes
A few good shakes of cajun spice
Salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and cook med heat until potatoes soft in ,middle and crispy on outside.
- You can build the entire cream sauce in your skillet before turning it on. Just throw it all in and set aside. This is a great way to prep ahead of time and to free up burners on your stove if you need to. You don’t need to be a hero.
- Make sure to remove any silver skin from the tenderloin. if you have never done this, Youtube it. I promise it is very easy.
- Make sure pork is room temperature before searing it.
- Use a cast iron skillet for pork.
- Anytime you make bacon – save the fat drippings from the skillet by pouring into a small container and storing in fridge. If you don’t have bacon fat for this recipe use Olive oil..but start saving your fat! You will thank me later.
- Use mixed greens on the plate for plating.
- I used beet chive goat’s cheese crumbled on top – but regular goat’s cheese works here as well.
- Do not cut into meat without resting it…this will dry out the pork and you will be really angry with yourself.
- Don’t make the asparagus first…this should be the last thing to be cooked and the first on plate…otherwise it gets cold and limp very quickly.
- Don’t forget to squeeze some lemon on those asparagus before serving, Yes it matters.
Haley Regan is a Hamilton, Ontario based, fifteen-year veteran of the hospitality and wine industry who has worked every position from hostess to owner & operator. What started as a means of survival in university has blossomed into what borders on an obsession with food. A self-described dinner party Jedi, Haley shines a much needed light on affordability, local product, and being able to plate a dish like a Michelin star chef with everyday household items. Her approach is no-nonsense and her recipes can be proudly served at your next soiree and easily executed from a bachelor apartment kitchen. She also enjoys wine. A lot.
Follow Haley today @o_4forksake