To all the dads out there - what better way is there to close out a great Father's Day weekend than with a Monday Wing Night?? In appreciation of all the great fathers out there, this week we bring you one of Haley's (@o_4forksake) absolute favourites: these honey garlic & ginger wings are sure to pair perfectly with your favourite sporting event or back yard BBQ alike! Make a pile for your closest friends or fry up a single serving and find your favourite arm chair - these wings are as easy as they are delicious. We hope you enjoy!
First up: you need these things for this recipe – so go to your fridge/pantry and grab:
Soy sauce, Kinghaven Farms Premium Raw Honey, fresh garlic, ground ginger, ketchup, cornstarch, chili flakes, fresh thawed chicken wings, sesame seeds
In a saucepan combine:
1/3 cup soy sauce
½ cup of Kinghaven Farms Premium Raw Honey
¾ a cup of water
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp ground ginger
¼ cup ketchup
3 tbsp cornstarch
A few hearty shakes of chili flakes
Whisk together vigorously
Bring to a boil then immediately lower to a simmer until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon
Cook chicken wings your desired method, then toss immediately in this sauce.
How I do the Wings:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
In a bowl combine:
1/3 cup baking powder
¼ cup garlic plus seasoning
¼ cup Cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper
1lb chicken wings
Toss wings in mix
Place coated wings on a wire rack above a foil lined baking sheet
Bake for 40-45 minutes (depending on how large the wings are and how crispy you like them)
- Sprinkle the wings in sesame seeds to complete the look/theme/taste. I also garnished with parsley for colour, though green onion works well here too.
- Increase ginger for more heat instead of using hot sauce. Keep your ingredients within the theme people!
- Bottle or jar up unused sauce and use on Ribs, Chicken, pork or as a stir fry sauce.
- Make sure you spray your wire rack with tons of cooking spray or oil so the wings don’t stick. This way you don’t lose half that meaty goodness when removing from the rack!
- HINT: future recipe coming to use up your extra sauce!
- Do not coat wet chicken wings. Pat them down with paper towel before putting in coating. Trust me.
- Don’t forget the wet naps…these are super sticky! Your guests will thank you.
- Don’t feel like you have to bake - this sauce will be great on air fryer or deep fried wings.
Haley Regan is a Hamilton, Ontario based, fifteen-year veteran of the hospitality and wine industry who has worked every position from hostess to owner & operator. What started as a means of survival in university has blossomed into what borders on an obsession with food. A self-described dinner party Jedi, Haley shines a much needed light on affordability, local product, and being able to plate a dish like a Michelin star chef with everyday household items. Her approach is no-nonsense and her recipes can be proudly served at your next soiree and easily executed from a bachelor apartment kitchen. She also enjoys wine. A lot.
Follow Haley today @o_4forksake